Originating in Germany, ozone therapy has been around since 1895. Because everything in your system thrives on oxygen, we believe that the use of ozone therapy is an excellent piece of the wellness puzzle.
How Does It Work?
The steam sauna increases the skin’s ability to eliminate, detoxify and cleanse due to stimulation of the sweat glands. Using the steam sauna with ozone allows the steam to surround the body (your head will be out of the sauna) and ozone can be introduced through the skin. Humid heat opens the pores, which allows the ozone through the skin to the bloodstream, where it can travel to the fat and lymph tissue.
It’s critical to cleanse the lymph tissue of toxins, and the steam sauna is the easiest and most effective way to accomplish this. During each session, you can watch a movie or simply relax. You’ll be given plenty of water to drink.
Many Benefits to the Body
This type of therapy, which involves being placed in a heat sauna, yields numerous benefits:
- Relaxes and loosens muscles by reducing the buildup of lactic acid and increasing muscle flexibility.
- Oxidizes toxins so they can be eliminated through the skin, lungs, kidneys and colon.
- Relieves pain and speeds the healing process.
- Improves blood circulation, helping injured muscles to repair quickly.
- Eliminates various bacterial and viral infections.
- Boosts immune system.
- Promotes healthy skin tone and texture.
- Enhances energy and sleep.
- Accelerates the metabolic process resulting in a loss of 200-450 calories in a 20-minute session.
Who Should Consider This Therapy?
Ozone therapy can benefit individuals who are dealing with arthritis, cancer, stress, muscle tension, disc pain, immune system deficiencies and more.
Ozone therapy can be particularly beneficial for those with cancer as cancer likes an environment that has no oxygen but plenty of sugar. When we talk about cancer with our patients, the goal is to starve your body of sugar and increase oxygen.
To experience the many benefits of ozone therapy, contact us today to book an appointment!